Update Assembly Version (true/false)

Jun 23, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Hi,

I'm new, so please be gentle :-).

I've been playing around with your add-in and I think it's great.  Thank you.

I have a question about how to best use the Update Assembly Version flag.  I'm using year.month.day.time as my version.  I would like if possible for anytime I make a change to one of a few projects within a solution, that the Assembly Version will update.  I'm assuming the only way to do this is to set Update Assembly Version flag to true (assumes major, minor, etc. all set).  When I want no update, set it to false.  My problem is within the solution I might change any or all of the projects.  For example.  I have 5 projects within a solution.  4 of the projects is really a framework, the other is my app.  Thus everytime I have a new solution, I will have those 4 plus a different project being my app.  If I make a change to the app., I don't want the other 4 projects that are the framework to update, unless of course I made a change.  I want to take the manual process of remembering to set true/false when I'm updating a project.  I hope I'm making sense?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Hi,

Basically what I'm saying is

I would like an option to only increment version number if the source in a project has changed.

Thanks again.