Information in the Output panel

Sep 8, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Hi,

Since the last version, each time I build my solution, in the Output panel, some other information about BuildVersionIncrement are displayed immediatly after the confirmation of the succeed message.

As an example, here is what I see after the build succeed message:

========== Build: 8 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

BuildVersionIncrement: BuildEvents_OnBuildDone scope: vsBuildScopeSolution action vsBuildActionBuild

BuildVersionIncrement: Checking solution item 'NeoSynergix.NSpek'...

BuildVersionIncrement:  Cached result for 'NeoSynergix.NSpek' is FalseBuildVersionIncrement: Items checkedBuildVersionIncrement:  Item: Project:NeoSynergix.NSpek -> FalseBuildVersionIncrement:  Item: Project:NeoSynergix.NSpek.Domain -> FalseBuildVersionIncrement:  Item: Project:NeoSynergix.NSpek.Model -> FalseBuildVersionIncrement:  Item: Project:NeoSynergix.NSpek.Replication -> FalseBuildVersionIncrement:  Item: Project:NeoSynergix.NSpek.Share -> FalseBuildVersionIncrement:  Item: Project:NeoSynergix.NSpek.Tests.Integration -> FalseBuildVersionIncrement:  Item: Folder:Integration -> FalseBuildVersionIncrement:  Item: Folder:Unit -> FalseBuildVersionIncrement:  Item: Folder:Tests -> FalseBuildVersionIncrement:  Item: Project:NeoSynergix.NSpek.CustomFields -> FalseBuildVersionIncrement:  Item: Project:NeoSynergix.NSpek.Dpo -> FalseBuildVersionIncrement:  Item: Solution:NeoSynergix.NSpek -> FalseBuildVersionIncrement: Clearing date and solution cache

Because of that, after I build my project, I don't see if the build was correct for all my project because a lot of line are sent by BuildVersionIncrement.

It is possible to do the same thing that with the previous versions; no output message after the build confirmation?

A feature to enable/disable log information in the Output panel would be better.

Developer
Oct 5, 2011 at 7:02 PM

There is already an option for this. Please review configuration dialog carefully.

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Thank you for the great explanation. I just see it at the bottom of the dialog.