Global Settings and Individual Project Settings

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:38 PM

This add-in may prove quite useful to me.  Thank you very much for sharing.

This may be a misunderstanding on my part, but I would expect selecting "Always" in the "Apply Global Settings" field on the Global Settings Tab would cause the application to apply the Global settings regardless of any settings made on the Solutions Tab.  Instead it seems I must select "True" in the Use Global Settings field of each individual project on the Solution Tab to get the global settings to apply.  Certainly not a show-stopper, but when you consider all the combinations of the condition fields, the update assembly[File]version fields, and the Use Global Settings fields for both the Solution, and the Global Settings tab as well as the Version Increment Enabled checkbox, and don't forget the feature which prevents incrementing unchanged assemblies (I like this btw) and, well...  I built my project about 5 times before I got the version to change.  Using 2.4.11046.2045 [Beta]

I suspect some of the others who had trouble getting this to work had a similiar problem mis-interpreting some of these settings.

May 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM

This was indeed my intention when I suggested the "Always" choice,

but it was not completely implemented the way I suggested.

I agree that it does not work intuitively and you are not the only one to be confused by it.

I second the motion to either make "Always" ignore the lower settings.