Missing Changes in Code Behind?

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:07 PM

It seems like changes to the code-behind files aren't being checked; am I nuts?

Also, I downloaded the source and see that you have a capability to add-in custom incrementors; has anyone taken advantage of the feature and posted them somewhere?

Developer
Feb 18, 2011 at 4:57 AM

I don't think so. I think you need to check again.

As far as custom incrementors go, you need to check the solution file for examples.

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM

He's right. If I change something in XAML the increment works, but if I change something in code-behind there is no increment happening.

Any Idea how to fix this?

Mar 8, 2011 at 8:42 AM
Memphizzz wrote:

He's right. If I change something in XAML the increment works, but if I change something in code-behind there is no increment happening.

Any Idea how to fix this?

Also happens to me. Only changes in xaml files is detected.

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Same for me. :(

Mar 21, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Is this project still active? If yes, we can't use it if this major bug is not fixed....

Developer
Mar 22, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Hello memphizzz,

The project is very much alive. The problem is most of us are busy.

March is a busy month for me, as in India the financial year closes in March instead of June as in the US.

As soon as I will be free I will look into this issue as it seems to be quite common. I have not coded the part to check for any changes to the project files, but I think I can fix it.

I think you should expect a new release by mid of April.

Thanks for your patience.

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:44 PM
Hj yjagota,

Thanks for the quick reply. Im looking forward to the update in april!

On 22.03.2011, at 13:10, "yjagota"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello memphizzz,

The project is very much alive. The problem is most of us are busy.

March is a busy month for me, as in India the financial year closes in March instead of June as in the US.

As soon as I will be free I will look into this issue as it seems to be quite common. I have not coded the part to check for any changes to the project files, but I think I can fix it.

I think you should expect a new release by mid of April.

Thanks for your patience.

May 20, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Edited May 20, 2011 at 11:40 AM

yjagota,

as its may now and there was no update, can i assume the project is dead?

Developer
May 20, 2011 at 10:40 PM

@Memphizzz: It's not dead. If something doesn't apply to your need you think its dead? Please notice this is an open source project if you do not like it or found some issues, fix them and make a contribution. Certainly it will be appreciated more than complaining.

Also in my opinion this is a discussion board not issue tracking system. If you found some issues please report them with detailed description saying how to reproduce the issue (sample project will be also useful). If I can reproduce them I will try to fix them.

Cheers,

Krzysztof

May 22, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Krzysztof:

If a project has a major issue which stops people from using it, users create a thread about the issue and a developer of the project replies that there will be an update in april but there is none. What do you suggest people should think if there is still nothing happening 1,5 months later?
Open Source or not, if I find a bug and there is a thread created by a few people having the same problem as me i contributed already with adding my post to the thread.

This Thread is full of detailed descriptions about the problem.

MemphiZ

Developer
May 27, 2011 at 10:25 AM

As for me if you want something to be done please add a separate item in the issue tracking system with sample solution which I can use to reproduce the problem. I will try to isolate and fix mentioned issue.

Krzysztof