New Feature Request

May 18, 2010 at 1:45 AM

First, I want to tell you that I really enjoy your add-in.  Thank you for developing it.

I have a vb.net solution that contains one "Windows Forms (.exe)" project and many "Class Library (.dll)" projects.  I need to keep track of which dll's versions belong with a particular exe version.  In my case this would be easily solved by having the dll version numbers match the exe version number.  My initial attempt at achieving this was twofold:  1) Set the version of each dll to the version of the exe and 2) Set the "Versioning Style" of each project to the same style.  This approach did not work because if I build a project instead of the solution the version numbers don't match anymore.

So the feature request is to add yet another "Versioning Style" that allows the version to be set based on the version of another project.

Hopefully this was clear.

Thank you very much

Coordinator
May 19, 2010 at 4:06 PM
Not quite sure if this is what you're looking for but you can create a assembly info file that is shared amongst multiple projects. http://theburningmonk.com/2010/03/net-tips-use-a-shared-assemblyinfo-cs-for-your-solution/ Then you can instruct the addin to increment that file by specifying it at the root (solution) node.
May 19, 2010 at 5:58 PM
First, thank you for responding so quickly. I looked at the link you provided and followed the instructions in your reply and everything works exactly the way I want it to. This was a great solution. Again, thank you very much.