Doubt about license

Mar 15, 2010 at 6:16 PM
Edited Mar 15, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Hello,

First and foremost, let me say this is a great add-in and you all have done a great job with it.

I'm writing a versioning plugin for another framework, and most of the code is already written from scratch, but since Build Version Increment supports some more styles than mine thought it would be nice if I'd add them as well, but that would surely involve making a copy & paste of your code.

Also thought of releasing my own plugin model with plain interfaces (haven't touched MEF yet), but then thought that being able to use plugins made for this add-in would be cool.

What would be the licensing implications of doing so? I plan on releasing the source code soon, but thought about using LGPL or some other licensing model less restrictive for commercial apps than GPL, but I'm not an expert on this area. Of course could live without supporting these other styles, but guess some people would appreciate it, and since there are some similarities with your project (well, mainly with some older versions), wouldn't want people to think wrong.